By Anne Deschamps
The Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) has announced the seven finalists for its 2013 Stand Up for Science! Video Competition. The contestants were asked to illustrate the value of federally funded research and the harm caused by sequestration and budgetary losses due to inflation to help raise public awareness on this issue.
The top seven videos can be viewed on FASEB’s YouTube page:
- As Seen on TV – Michelle David
- Funding Basic Science to Revolutionize Medicine – Florie Charles, Nir Oksenberg, Marta Wegorzewska, Osama Ahmed, Argenta Price, and Christin Chong
- Funding and Impact of the NIH – Westley Wadsworth
- Standing up for Biological Research Funding – Kyle Elliott
- Stay Curious – Kayla Briet
- Transforming Curiosity into Discovery – Jim Sheng, Ruchit Rana, and Annie Xu
- Unexpected Innovation – Eric Harris
The finalists were chosen by members of FASEB’s Board of Directors. Winners will be announced on February 12 and the grand prize winner will be awarded $5,000!