FASEB is hosting a new series of webinars to help researchers and others in the scientific community enhance their advocacy skills and stay current on relevant science policy topics.
Each 60-minute webinar will share information about FASEB public affairs initiatives and promote opportunities for enhanced collaboration with member societies. The webinars also introduce non-FASEB members to the federation’s public affairs activities. Advanced registration is required for all webinars.
Upcoming webinar topics and dates are as follows:
- January 19, 2018, 2:00 ET – Shared Research Resources: Recommendations from FASEB for Overcoming Challenges will present an overview of findings and recommendations from the FASEB survey. Click to register.
- January 23, 2018, 2:00 ET – Capitol Hill Budget Update: Join the Fight to Raise the Caps will provide guidance on what researchers can do to urge Congress to increase funding for the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, and other science agencies. Registration information coming soon.
- January 31, 2018, 2:00 ET – Reducing Regulatory Burden in Animal Research: Best Practices will provide an overview of the recommendations in a recent report issued by FASEB and other research organizations. Registration information coming soon.
- February 8, 2018, 2:00 ET – FASEB’s Excellence in Science Award will discuss the eligibility requirements and application process and deadlines for the award. The session will also review frequently asked questions. Registration information coming soon.
- February 13, 2018, 2:00 ET – Federal Budget & Appropriations Process 101: What Researchers Need to Know provides an introduction to the federal budget process and how it impacts funding for biomedical and physical sciences research. Registration information coming soon.
- February 28, 2018, 2:00 ET – Getting Ready for Capitol Hill Day: At Home and In DC is an advocacy training session for researchers who will participate in FASEB’s March 2018 Capitol Hill Day in DC and for non-FASEB members who want to visit local offices of their members of Congress. Registration information coming soon.
- March 21, 2018, 2:00 ET – Getting the Word Out: Using Social Media to Communicate about Science Policy will review best practices for raising awareness about science policy issues through Facebook, Twitter, and other tools. Registration information coming soon.
- March 28, 2018, 2:00 ET – Professional Development Opportunities for Trainees provides an overview of FASEB society awards, fellowships, mentoring, and networking resources, and membership benefits available to trainees and postdocs. Registration information coming soon.
- April 19, 2018, 2:00 ET – Introduction to Science Policy Fellowships will present information about employment opportunities and skills that are transferable for students and postdocs interested in pursuing a science policy or advocacy career. Registration information coming soon.